May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day


So, today Carl scheduled himself to have the late shift so we could spend the day together as a family. We had planned to go to the park, have a picnic and then head over to our city's Memorial Day parade with his folks and the boys. Well, we got the park and picnic down, but found out that the parade was YESTERDAY!!! Ugh! When I called the city hall, I didn't bother to ask the date of the parade, only the time. And, when I rechecked the parade in the paper, I again, only bothered to look for a time. Because, who would have a Memorial Day parade...THE DAY BEFORE?!?! *sigh* We need to move...

Well, we hope that the rest of you enjoyed your day. ha ha The kids and I are now off to Carl's folks to have some ribs and potato salad. Yum!

2 comments:

J.W.Pace said...

We are glad you had a good day....except for the parade. Who would think they would have the parade the day before..Ha!

We stayed home it rained all day today.

Love Mom & Dad

Jennjess said...

Our parade was on saturday!! And we totally missed it because I thought it would have been on memorial day too, don't move, it happens everywhere!! *L* Did you get your birthday card? I thought that seemed perfectly fitting for you:) Actually it would be better for me but your a member of our fanily too! *L* See ya!!