Nov 17, 2010

Ancestry

I have been having a lot of fun lately trying to piece together Carl's family history. There have been quite a few suprises, some unknown relatives unearthed and names discovered. I now have him back as far as his great grandparents and as far wide as some 3rd cousins, and that is just awesome. This is where it gets tricky though, as the two main branches of his family tree come from Ireland (notoriously hard to trace) and American Indian (lots of looooooong names there brother!) But, I think that is what is going to make it the most fun! I have had the wonderful help of my ever patient Mother-in-Law Jackie and her box 'o memories that has helped tremendously! Now I think I am just going to have to roll up my sleeves and get down and dirty at the Family History Library.:)

No comments: