Nov 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Goodies!

Jake with his sweet potato pie in the right and pumpkin in the left.

Bert showing off his coconut pie skills.

Sweet potato

Scratch Pumpkin

Impossible Coconut Pie

Cherry Cheesecake

We made 15 pies/cakes today for our Thanksgiving feast tomorrow! 4 coconut pies (one was for a friendly neighbor), 5 pumpkin (2 from scratch, 3 from the canned pumpkin), 3 sweet potato from scratch, 1 lemon cheesecake, and 2 cherry cheesecakes (one of which was for Carl's work feast today)! Whew! Took about 8 hours in total!!

Carl was in charge of the cheesecakes and did a fabulous job as always! I have always been a sucker for my hunky husband and his cheesecake skills! He even made his own graham cracker crumbs in the food processor :) Alex helped me out with the coconut pies, adding all the ingredients to the blender and sprinkling the coconut on the tops. Jake was a super helper, working with me for over half the time on both the pumpkin and sweet potato pies! For the most part, I was HIS assistant! :) He peeled the sweet potatoes, measured out all the ingredients and he even took some of the pies from the oven on his own. And, special props go out to Lauren and her friend Sidney for making all the crusts for me! Thanks so much gals, I really appreciate it and they were Fabulous looking!

Now, I think I am going to go take a rest!

No comments: