Jun 19, 2008

WE SURVIVED!!!

Cub Scout day camp is officially over and we have survived! *whew* Didn't know if that was going to happen or not. The whole experience was fantastic for Jacob. And, as much as I complained, I had a pretty awesome time myself. The activities were usually always fun, and the boys learned a lot. Although, I could have done without the drama/trauma of BB's, I am glad that we went. Here are some more photos from our time at camp.

Woohoo!!


Can I just say that the staff at this camp was awesome?! They were so good working with Jacob, especially the shooting range guy. Here he is telling him that he needs to keep his eyes open when he shoots. Yes, he was closing both his eyes and shooting...only my boy! Unfortunately only so much can be done, and Jacob walked away from camp today having never hit any of his targets. He was very upset, but I told them there was always next year.

The fire dept. came by on Wednesday to spray down the boys, but since it didn't get above 65 all day, they decided to just show them the trucks instead.



Jacob really enjoyed the archery. He was pretty good at it as well, and I am sure that with some practice, he will be able to earn a badge for this soon.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

It looks like you've had quite the week! Good job surviving all the excitement.

J.W.Pace said...

Jacob it looks like you had a lot of fun with the Cub Scouts.

Grandpa enjoyed the Cub Scouts when I was 8 years old. I learned how to do a lot of things I could not do before.
Great pictures!!

It sure is good mom survived the ordeal.

Love Grandma and Grandpa Pace