Jun 23, 2007

Jacob the All Star






We all had a great time at Jacob's All Star game this morning. The day started off a little rough due to some wardrobe malfunctions. Jacob was given a star to iron on to his shirt for the game. No big deal right?! Well, after 10 minutes of trying to get it to stick, and only succeeding halfway, I was fed up! I managed to get the other half to stay on with the help of a safety pin. Come to find out, almost all had the exact same difficulty, this year as well as last! Seems like they should try a different approach.

Jacob was a great asset to his team. He played both outfield and catcher. He got 2 hits, scoring one run. He was caught at first base with the other hit. After playing for 1 1/2 hours, they called it quits, and handed out awards to each participant. Jacob was very excited! We are so proud of our All Star player! The club will be posting additional pictures on their website if any of you would like to check it out. http://www.dadsclubsoftball.com/

Just as a side note, I thought I would post a note about the prize I won yesterday in the library drawing. I was given a canvas tote bag filled with 4 new books, a library t-shirt, a pin and a $10 gift certificate to a nearby florist. How nice is that?! I really was stunned at the generosity and am very excited to begin my new collection of literature. I will let you know how they are.

No comments: