Jun 22, 2007

Summertime, and the living is easy

I am loving summer! This week my niece and nephew that stay with me are out of town. To make the most of this, we all slept in until 9, which is a rarity! After getting up and ready, we spent 3 hours at the local park with our friends from church. When we got home, we visited with the neighbors for a few hours, and then came home and had dinner. What a lazy afternoon! I adore summer!!

Today we plan on heading to the local library. It seems that I have won a prize in the adult reading program they have! Can't wait to see what it is. Although for me, the book is the best prize. Currently, I am reading the novel, Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden. Seems like so far, the movie did an excellent job retelling the story. Even though I already know how it ends, I am enraptured with this book and can hardly put it down. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love that book! I think it was better than the movie, but the movie was great too! What did you get for your prize?