Oct 14, 2007

I really have nothing to say...

I figured that it had been a while since I blogged and I should write something. Hmmmmmm... problem is, that I really have nothing to write...

Things for us are doing as well as can be expected. Our application to Westwick (the place we really want to move in to) is finally complete. Unfortunately we are going to have to just wait now and see what they say. We are really worried about this whole thing, and we will both be happier when it is all over wither way it goes.

Jacob's birthday is coming up and we are trying to figure out plans for it. He wants to take his friends to the theater to see The Bee Movie. We thought that perhaps we might just rent the party room. Seems to me that it would be easier to contain 9+ children, the majority of the Autistic, in the theater itself, the carpooling back to our house for cake and ice cream. We will see.

Jacob also wanted to go see Hairspray, but it seems someone told him that it was a movie for girls. I HATE THAT!! Why is it so horrible about a boy who adores singing and dancing to go see a movie about just that?! I am so tired of society and it's homophobic tendencies! UGH!!! So now, he is unsure if he wants to go see it, even though just a few days ago he was super excited. He seems to have relented to the idea of taking me to see it on a "date", so we'll see.

Everything else seems to be normal. Haven't heard anything about my niece lately, but I am sure that things are working out the best way they can.

Oh, ok, here is one more thing, and then I am totally out. Last month was the Relief Society Broadcast for our church. I drove along with my buds Senta, Missy and Lisa. Well, earlier in the day, I had brought up a HUGE load of clean clothes that I had been ignoring for a long time to get them out of the back room. I had worn myself out doing all kinds of other cleaning chores during the day, and had decided to go up for quick rest before the broadcast. But then, I saw the pile, no mountain, of laundry on my bed. No nap for me. So grumpily, I sat with aching back folding it all. Carl comes in, notices what I am doing, and tells me that if I will give it a rest, he will have it all done for me when I get home from the broadcast. Now, you all have to realize that of all the things in the world, chore wise, Carl abhors folding laundry!! He even pretends he doesn't know where it all goes so that I won't make him put it away too! So, looking at him with scepticism, I relent. Jump forward to about 10:30 PM as we are pulling up in the drive. We have never replaced out curtains from the ones that came with the house. (horrible, I know but I liked them and they were free in a sense) They are lace and are not the best at keeping out peepers. So, as we are pulling up, I can see Carl frantically (he still denies this as being so, saying he started WAY before we got home) running from the bed to the direction of the bathroom. "Look! Carl is hiding the laundry," I tell them. "He doesn't want to get in trouble!" Of course this in fact was what he was doing. I didn't give him too hard of a time, as he had done some of it. Good to know he loves me enough to hide his shame! :)

2 comments:

Jennjess said...

It's not just your hubby Chris, Rob is infamous for the 10 minute warning clean-up. 10 minutes before I get home from work he kick's it in high gear, the funny thing is Jocelyn alway's rats him out! *LOL*

Mandy said...

Chris...Jake said something about going to the pool for his party? I dunno. Anyways, check into the price of that party room thing, I think it's pretty costly. Let me know though! And know what?! I'm guilty of the 10 minute dash to clean as well :)