Jul 19, 2007

Obviously our stuff is not good enough to steal...

I woke up at 7am as usual and headed straight for the shower. As I was getting dried off, I noticed that the glass on the side door of the garage was smashed, the door ajar. I ran upstairs immediately and asked Carl if he had done it. (ha ha) With a sleepy no, I went outside to inspect. Seems that someone decided to try to break into the garage in the night. Of course we had just had the garage sale, and that may have been what drew them to us. The door was not fully open, as we had a table still up in the way of the door. I am not sure if they got in through the large door that was unlocked, but I am assuming they didn't since they broke the small door to get in. There is nothing missing as far as I can tell.

We went through today, after contacting the police, thinking we were the only ones affected by this. It seems the we were wrong. Tonight we found out that 3 of our neighbors were broken into as well. 2 more garages and a truck. Seems that the culprit was after power tools, having stole quite a few from the vandalized truck. Doesn't look like he was able to get much out of any of the garages though, so that is good. I am grateful that he was only interested in the contents of the garage. My children don't sleep there.

3 comments:

kiki said...

Oh my goodness! You didn't say anything to me at all today! I am so sorry to hear that.

Christina said...

I know, isn't that funny! I totally forgot all about it in the glow of our fun! ha ha

kiki said...

LOL!!
YOu responded to me on your blog