Aug 25, 2007

Our time in SLC

We decided that we would like to see the sites in Salt Lake before flying out, so we went down a day early. Here are some of the photos.

This is the "Christus" statue at the North Visitors Center in Temple Square. My parents said I cried and cried when I first saw it, but my kids didn't seem to have any problem with an enormous Jesus.
This is the inside of the newly renovated tabernacle. When we were about to leave, one of the organists sat down, unseen, and started to play. Scared us all to death!
Here are the boys descending from one of the doors to the Temple. Carl said he liked this one the best because it made it seem like they were coming out from inside.
Here is a good shot of the Salt Lake Temple. I love this temple. It took 40 years to build it!
Carl took this shot. I love how you can see Moroni peeking out at the top!

No comments: