Jan 7, 2011

Gator Jacks

Not much going on at our end today, so I thought I would give a shout out to my brother James (Jimmy to me) and his AMAZING sandwich shop Gator Jacks! He has two locations now, one in Rigby, Idaho and a new one in Rexburg, Idaho.

I have to tell you that during our trip out to see my family last summer, I couldn't get enough of his sandwiches! I didn't get to go half as often as I wanted to, and to be honest that is probably a god thing since he lets me eat for free and I would have eaten up all his inventory! ha ha My favorite is the Cluckin' Nuts, both for it's hilarious name and that it has to be the best chicken salad ever! Top it with some potato chips and you are going to be in heaven! An extra bonus? Chocolate chip cookie with every meal! Who wouldn't want that? His most popular is De' Muder in Law, which is turkey, bacon, and avocado.

Here are some pictures that we took on our trip out. This is the Rigby location.





And here is a shot of Gator Jack himself in front of the new Rexburg location. He built this up from an empty space, adding all the equipment and seating. He even had an enormous concrete cypress tree made to complete the bayou theme!


So to all you Idahoans, if you haven't eaten here yet, do it! To all my Michiganders who are occasionally dropping their kids off at BYU-I, get one for yourself, and pack four to bring home to us! Tell James I sent you!

No comments: